Monday, January 18, 2010

Is it OK to use Epsom Salts in a jetted bath tub?

It's an American Standard corner tub with 10 jets - if that matters.Is it OK to use Epsom Salts in a jetted bath tub?
We do ours sometimes! Did you know that once a month you need to fill you tub above the jets and put in some powder automatic dishwashing cleaner and let it run for about 30 minutes? It helps keeps the jets and all the pipes cleaned out. I was told that when I bought mine and I've been doing it with good results.Is it OK to use Epsom Salts in a jetted bath tub?
I paid a fortune for my bath. I'm too mean to pay for the 'correct' products. I just use smaller amounts of ordinary bath products and lo and behold four years on, I've not had a problem.


If you decide to risk it, I hope you're as lucky as the others who risk it too.
Different manufacturers and installers have different opinions on whether bath (emsoms) salts are safe for a jacuzzi. I used to have one and I used Mr. Bubble on several occaisions and never had a problem. Mr. Bubble is strictly forbidden in these types of tubs. Personally, I would not think that one time would matter, especially if you rinsed it out after using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment