Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I want to stop my bath tub overflow drain. How?

I want to have higher water when I take a bath. How can I either permanently or temporarily stop the water from draining into the overflow mechanism?I want to stop my bath tub overflow drain. How?
The over flow should be at the bottom of plate, just turn it upside down, WATCH out YOU DO,NT FLOOD YOUR HOUSEI want to stop my bath tub overflow drain. How?
I'm sure you are aware of why they install the overflow, so I'm not going into that!





You just have to constantly monitor the water level!! Don't remove it! The overflow pipe on the other side of your tub has a gasket on it. If you remove it, the tub will most certainly leak!! You will have nightmareish problems if you break the seal!





Try using tuck tape to wrap the overflow! It will be ugly as sin, but tuck tape sticks to almost anything. Ensure the overflow is dry and clean before you tape it. The tuck tape MAY remove the chrome finish, though!!





There is one solution you may have ovelooked, or not really considerd, and it depends on how often you take deep, long soaking baths!





Change the tub to a DEEP one, or get yourself a retro fitted whirlpool bath! Both of these solutions are MUCH safer!!!
Go to Bed Bath and Beyond and for around $10 you can get a ';stopper'; for the overflow drain. It's vinyl/plastic and it suction cups over the ';overflow thing'; it's easy to use and removeable. It's in the Bath section of the store..

No comments:

Post a Comment