Friday, January 22, 2010

Can you catch a fungal disease such as Athletes Foot from a bath tub once it has been cleaned with bleach?

The bath tub in my rental unit has some spots where the glaze has worn off. Before renting the unit I cleaned the tub with not only bleach but a variety of bathroom cleaners such as Tilex, Kaboom, CLR etc. I even used oven cleaner.(there were rust stains)


Can it be possible for my renters to contract a foot infection or fungal disease from the previous tenent?Can you catch a fungal disease such as Athletes Foot from a bath tub once it has been cleaned with bleach?
It would be highly unlikely as bleach and water mixed together is strong enough to kill the aids virus, so I doubt athletes foot would be much of a chalenge. That's very considerate of you to ask about that though. It shows that you care about other people. I hope that helps.Can you catch a fungal disease such as Athletes Foot from a bath tub once it has been cleaned with bleach?
Possibly.
If you clean your feet with bleach, I think fungal disease should be the least of your worries...good luck with those burns.
I highly doubt it.
No, bleach is supposed to kill 99.9% of the fungi and bacteria. However, make sure you also clean the bathroom floor as well and not just the bath tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment