Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My house is found to have leakage thru bath tub and have damaged the kitchen ceiling.?

I have building and content insurance,which mentions no accidental damage.The quote for the repair work is approx 拢800.Do you think I can claim insurance for the above work?Or any other advice is greatly appreciatedMy house is found to have leakage thru bath tub and have damaged the kitchen ceiling.?
No harm in trying, I'm going though something similar, I had a leak through the flat roof, through wear and tear. I'm just waiting for the insurance to contact me.My house is found to have leakage thru bath tub and have damaged the kitchen ceiling.?
It is worth putting a claim in anyway, if there is no cover under your policy you can simply withdraw the claim.





Damage such as this is often gradual damage, which means the water has been leaking for a long time. Many companies will have limited cover for gradual damage - but only if the leak comes from a pipe.





In your case if it is from the tub itself the claim may be declined due to this exclusion. But you don't know until you try, and you may find you have cover if it isn't gradual, but a sudden event.
Not accidental damage is it - it is a leak! Totally different thing!





You should be covered
Take your own photos. Call the insurance company. Yes you can claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment