Friday, January 22, 2010

Is it safe to have a laptop near a full bath tub?

Assuming it doesn't fall in or get wet, is it bad for the laptop to be near all of that steam?





My friend is getting a laptop in the near future, and she'd like to, for some reason I can't fathom, take her computer with her while she takes a bath.





...I have friends, don't I?





Thanks for any help you can give.Is it safe to have a laptop near a full bath tub?
The condensation could get inside and mess up the com when it cools back down....not recomended to do that.


Thats what my dad told me after I did it once cuz I was watching a movie online and wanted to finish it but wanted to take a bath lol.


never after that, fear of it messing up stoped me.Is it safe to have a laptop near a full bath tub?
I dry my hands w/a towel when I use mine in the tub %26amp; I'm VERY careful. Steam isn't a problem b/c I can leave the door open %26amp; I set it on the lid of my toilet Most importantly, you CANNOT electrocute yourself using the battery b/c the current isn鈥檛 grounded, but DO NOT USE IT PLUGGED IN!

Report Abuse



Not a good idea if she wants to keep her laptop working, I am pretty sure that would void a lot of warranties as well
I wouldn't reccomend doing it unless the laptop has some type of covering or protection on it around the sensitive areas. I'm not sure if the steam will do anything to harm the computer, but its better to play it safe. I'm not sure if this is a good idea either way though because even if the computer was completely okay, the steam would fog up the screen and she would constantly have to be cleaning it with a towel or something. Anyways, I hope I could at least help a liitle and I hope things work out for your friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment