Friday, January 22, 2010

Has anyone ever tried to refinish themselves an old claw foot cast iron bath tub?

Wondering if it is worth while doing it oneself.How did it come out What equipment needed. Any good sites to explain more.Has anyone ever tried to refinish themselves an old claw foot cast iron bath tub?
Yes, I have refinished two of them (outside, not inside). And they came out great. The thing is, you'll have to resolve in the beginning that it's not going to be perfect and work with that in mind. The first thing I did was get a rust remover like ';Naval Jelly'; and let it sit, then scrubbed it with a wire brush. I sanded what I could then painted. I painted the feet white with gold accents. It came out beautiful.Has anyone ever tried to refinish themselves an old claw foot cast iron bath tub?
No, but I did declaw my cat.
go by your local store and they sell kits for this. you have to clean it with the chemical first, prime, and paint. strong smell so wear a mask. comes out good just make sure you put a nice even coat down don't let the paint run.
yeah, I made a flower pot out of it and put it in the front yard! GIT R DONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment