Sunday, January 24, 2010

How can I unclogg my bath tub without using strong chemicals?

Pour a quarter cup or more of baking soda in the drain then immediately follow it with 1 cup hot vinegar. It will foam a bit, that's ok. Give it time to work (1-2 minutes) then follow that with a large pot of boiling water.





If the tub has standing water, before you try any of the suggestions, try using a plunger.How can I unclogg my bath tub without using strong chemicals?
Open a window pour 2 cups of bleach into the tub it will also whiten your tub but the fumes are strong if the water doesn't go down the drain, you might need to call a plumber to rule out tree roots or piping,or you can try these web sites I looked up for you. good luck.


gohttp://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-unc鈥?/a>How can I unclogg my bath tub without using strong chemicals?
What has almost always worked for me is to reach in with either my fingers or pliers and take out all the gunk I can reach. If there are still issues, I try pouring some boiling water down the drain - at least a gallon of it.





Beyond that, I've tried bleach or baking soda with limited results. I just go for the snake once the first two tries don't work.
Remove the vented cover over your drain and remove all the hair. Then stuff a wet wash cloth or rag the best you can into the small opening where the over flow is. This will help block air escaping and help with the suction when you use a plunger. Use a plunger top break free the clog.
Try taking the stopper out of the drain and checking it. If it has hair wrapped around it that could be the cause of the problem and if so all you need to do is cut the hair lose.
Pour baking soda in your drain then follow with white vinegar(about a cup) allow to foam for 15-20 minutes then flush with boiling water. Don't use a plunger,it could damage your pipes.
Try pouring a few BIG pots of boiling water down the drain. Boil them all at once, then pour all of them down the drain at one time. Sometimes that unclogs a drain.
I have used some baking soda then added the vinegar and last the real hot water works every time
go to home depot or lowes they make a tool that will pull old hair right out of drains forgot what it is called but it is cheap just made out of plastic with little barbs on it
use a plunger but cover the overflow drain first....or going through the overflow drain with a snake
Pour hot vinegar down the drain. It will not hurt the pipes and it will clean them out.
use a wet vac to pull the clog back up the pipe,
Try an electric snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment