Friday, January 22, 2010

Why Dose My Cat use the Bath-Tub Instead of His Bowl?

My cat will neglect the bowl, even thought i clean it everyday. he'll go in the bath-tub and start using it the water the drops as his drinking water, What do you think is wrong with my cat? and how can i get him to use his bowl? he's about almost a year old.Why Dose My Cat use the Bath-Tub Instead of His Bowl?
my baby is 7 and she has never drank water from a bowl that is sitting down for her, she jumps on the sink, bathroom kitchen, it doesn't matter and will meow until you turn it on. The only time she will drink from a bowl is if you put it in the sink and put the water in while she is watching, she will come back later and will not drink from the bowl unless I dump it and put in fresh water. I have always assumed she was just a picky Bi--- like me. and her vet agreed. I am looking to buy one of those new water dishes the recirculates the water, hopefully she will use it!!! you may want to try it!Why Dose My Cat use the Bath-Tub Instead of His Bowl?
Dont know why,but lots of cats do it and also dogs,my dog will sooner drink from the pond than his water bowl ...I think its to do with their make up and roots from when they were wild animals and had to get their water from anywhere they could ....
There's nothing wrong with your cat. It is fairly common behavior from all the stories I've heard. My cat ignores the water bowl and heads straight to the bathroom sink. We got used to leaving a bit of water in it for her. We had to close the drain on the tub or she'd play with it until she pulled the plug out.





You can retrain the cat if you really want to by keeping him out of the bathroom so he has no option but to go to the bowl when he's thirsty. I had to do this in preparation for my cat's knee surgery (today). She isn't allowed to jump so we had to get her drinking from a bowl. We tried several bowls in several locations until we found the bowl she liked and a location that worked for both of us.
What Shawn said. Also, many animals won't drink from a metal bowl, so if you're using one that may be the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment