Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I dropped a gold earing down the plughole in my bath tub. How can I retrieve it without calling a plumber?

hopefully you can.


There should be a trap right below the drain hole. If water did not subsequently ''wash'' it down further it should be right there. Getting to it is another matter.


Maybe a strong flashlight will show the gold glitter and you can see it. Some type of ''grabber'' like auto mechanics use to retrieve nuts and bolts that they drop in the recesses of cars would ge a hold of it. Tell the guy at a auto parts store what you need to do and he will show you one.I dropped a gold earing down the plughole in my bath tub. How can I retrieve it without calling a plumber?
if u can get to the drain pipes under the house I'd cut the pipe and flush the drain...use a bucket and see if it washes out....use a coupling to rejoin the pipe...or buy yourself one of those magnets on a long flexible lines and try to snag it that way....the sell them in the plumbing section of the hardware store....good luck fishingI dropped a gold earing down the plughole in my bath tub. How can I retrieve it without calling a plumber?
get a wire coat hanger and straighten it out. then bend a small hook on the end of it and try to hook it. there should be a pea trap below the drain and it shouldn't have washed out, gold it pretty heavy
best bet is get under house and cut line below the elbow-flush line out
try using a shop vac in the drain hole

No comments:

Post a Comment