Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's the best way to remove rust stains from a bath tub? I think its porcelain.?

Bleach will not remove rust stains -- bleach is an oxidizing agent, and rust is fully oxidized iron. Vinegar, however, may, as vinegar contains acetic acid and iron acetate is soluble. So try scrubbing with vinegar. There are also proprietary products available intended to do the job; find them at a hardware store if the vinegar trick doesn't work.What's the best way to remove rust stains from a bath tub? I think its porcelain.?
CLR


c-calcium


L=lime


R= RUSTWhat's the best way to remove rust stains from a bath tub? I think its porcelain.?
Periodically I fill my tub with water and add bleach to it and let it sit for a few hours. My tub is also porcelain. It whitens the tub and disinfects it too. I'm not sure about it removing rust stains, but it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, ZUD will.
CLR works well to get rid of rust stains.
I would try comet or ajax. I use them on my sink and it is porcelain. Try to find the less abrasive kind. Hope that helps.
For the environmentally healthy option:





Use half a lemon and sea salt to scrub the tub.





Less smelly than vinegar and you won麓t麓need a sponge since you are scrubbing with the lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment