Sunday, January 17, 2010

Does anyone elses cats get in the bath tub and scratch at the side?

Why do they do this? Its quite amusing to watch, its like there trying to dig through the side!Does anyone elses cats get in the bath tub and scratch at the side?
Yes, my Patrick does it, and he climbs into the handbasin to do it there too, he goes ';dig-a-digs'; with his paws, so cute.Does anyone elses cats get in the bath tub and scratch at the side?
maybe it wants to go for a poo
Some Cats think the bath tub is the safe place for them. My cat does that.
till you add water then they run up the walls!!!!!
what breed is it? i know some breeds are fascinated with water, especially Turkish vans,
My cat goes crazy playing with her toys in the bath. It is hilarious to watch! She doesn't even care if there is a little water left in the tub, she'll still jump in and go for it! She doesn't scratch at the side though this must look funny too.
I had a male cat who did this and was using the bathtub to urinate because he had a bladder or urinary infection... I was told they do this because it feels better to urinate in a cool tub for some reason?





Check with your vet because I can almost guarantee your kitty is sick...





Good luck with kitty.....
I dont know about the scratching bit but my cat is fascinated with the bath and spends most of her indoor time in it...whether she is.sleeping....playing...or just thinking ...
One of my cats does the same thing but i dont know why. Even when im in the bath he will sit at the side of it or on the edge till i get out then he will jump in it once the water has drained. The only bad thing is i get lots of paw prints everywhere and have to clean the bath!!! But i dont mind if thats what he wants to do then i let him do it ha.
my boys love the bath tub. I can not go in there alone. they are worse than kids. Sylvester especially. he opens the linen closet door and get on the side of the tub and plays peek-a-boo from behind the curtain while I'm on the toilet. Today I kept hearing noises from the bath room . When I went in he was in the linen closet and had opened a plastic bag of stuff and was curled up inside. Never mind all the soap and toilet paper he pushed out on the floor
My cats love to lounge in the tub (because it's cooler I've heard) I've never noticed any of them ever scratching at it though.
Yes, my Bailey does it. He hides from his brother and stores his toys in there too!


He doesn't scratch though.
YES..........all the time.
My cat used to sit on the edge of the bath will I was in it until the day he fell in, he's never been up there since

No comments:

Post a Comment