Monday, January 18, 2010

What causes dirty water to come out of your toilet and in the drain of your bath tub?

when we flush or use any other toilet, shower, washing machine in the house our basement toilet, shower, sink bubbles and has dirty water rise up through the drain of the shower, toilet or sink. HELPWhat causes dirty water to come out of your toilet and in the drain of your bath tub?
The main sewer drain is clogged. Waste water is backing up into the lowest plumbing fixture (shower). This drain needs cleaned professionally by a reputable drain / plumbing company.What causes dirty water to come out of your toilet and in the drain of your bath tub?
I had this happen once and I went on the roof and ran a water hose down the vent pipe over the bathroom. Run the hose down as far as it will go and turn the water on full blast for about 5 -10 minutes. Do all the vents over any bathrooms,kitchen sink,water heater and washer while you are up there.


I do this once a year when I clean the gutters.
Possible causes:





When was the last time you had your septic pumped??





Is the pump in your basement working? Do you even have a pump in your basement?





My septic guy stated that I should get on a septic pumping schedule that I would not forget in order to keep my septic system maintained. He suggested that I pump the septic tank every election year (every four years) so I get rid of the old s h i t (President) and bring in the new s h i t (President). I have never forgotten that!!!
Somewhere, probably in the lateral that leaves your home, the line is clogged. You probably need to have the line cleaned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment