Sunday, January 17, 2010

How do I unclog my bath tub drain?

I have a bathtub that wont drain. Its on the first floor slab foundation. I have plundered, snaked and poured sulfuric acid down the drain. After a shower it takes about 5 hours to drain and its getting worse. I really don't want to call a plumber because we are broke right now. It cost $60 for them to come out. Please help!How do I unclog my bath tub drain?
We need more info before we can confidently help you much.


How far have you managed to get the snake into the drain?


There should be an access panel on the wall in the room behind where the drain in the tub is.... If you don't have a removable access panel you may need to knock a hole in the wall.


Are you putting the snake into the drain from in the tub or from the trap behind the wall?


Is the drain behind the wall plastic or metal?


How much of the drain is accessible from the access behind the wall?





Apparently you are not here to answer questions, so I am going to quit sitting here refreshing the page and move on.





Feel free to IM me if you would like a little troubleshooting help beyond what can easily be done here. (HimAndHerForYou@Yahoo.com)How do I unclog my bath tub drain?
We have to same problem up stairs we don't really have much money so we do what we can. This sounds kinda gross but we take a knife or something that can get in there and where gloves, pull out all the nasty stuff, get as much as you can pull it all out might take a while to get the hang of it but we are poor and are tub gets clogged all the time because there's 3 women up stairs. It would take forever for the tub to drain now that ive done that it runs better than ever just try it please.
my mom bought this steam cleaner a long time ago that actually has a hook up that will clean the clog out of a drain maybe you should get one of those you can clean your carpets and unpulg drains and you pay once for some thing and don't have to pay a plummer .this cleaner probably needs a specail attachment but it is great for cleaning





http://www.target.com/Bissell-BigGreen-C鈥?/a>
Unfortunately it sounds like you have a break under the slab. The only way to determine for sure, is to camera the line. That's gonna be a little pricey. You didn't say how old the house is or how long it takes to start backing up. If it backs up real fast, then the stoppage will be close. You may have to break the floor. Good luck.
There's a bunch of products out there that can clear out any drains. Maybe try going to a local store and asking someone there for a liquid product that can clean a bathtub drain. That would probably be the best way in my opinion.
I'm in the same predicament as you. After all other alternatives, I don't think there's no option except to call a plumber... There's unfortunately no miracle cure.
TAKE A BOTTLE OF CLOROX AND POUR IT DOWN THE DRAIN.MAKES SURE YOU DO THIS AT NIGHT SO THAT IT HAS TIME TO UNCLOG AND DISINFECT. LEAVE OVERNIGHT AND IN THE MORNING THE CLOROX SHOULD BE GONE.USE A WHOLE BOTTLE.
Use Drano Max. I think I got some plaster stuck in my drain or something and I used it a few times and it as all cleared up!

No comments:

Post a Comment