Thursday, May 13, 2010

My waters turns my bath tub blue? is there lead in my water, plus it's well water?

I CLEAN MY TUB AT NIGHT BUT THE NEXT MORINIG THE WATER STAINS ARE BLUE. IS HTERE LEAD IN MY WATER OR WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?My waters turns my bath tub blue? is there lead in my water, plus it's well water?
Lead is not blue in solution of well water. You cannot see a contamination of lead in water. It is totally invisible.





What you have is calcium deposits coming in your well water. This normal. You need a water softener to be installed. Softened water will remove the calcium in the water and make the wash water, and in particular your bath tub clear.





Call a water softening company. Or go to Lowes or Depot and buy a water softener.My waters turns my bath tub blue? is there lead in my water, plus it's well water?
I have city water, and we also got blue stains when we had a slow drip coming out of the faucet.


This is not lead, it's a mineral stain. Get some CLR, its a good cleaner that breaks up calcium, lime and rust stains. Your cleaner probably isn't really cleaning it, and the stains are coming back. 50/50 mix of bleach and water also does wonders.


If you have a drip like I had, fix it and you won't see the stain come that often.
Don't drink your water until you have it tested. I don't think I would be comfortable drinking blue liquid unless it had ice and alcohol in it


Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment