Thursday, May 13, 2010

How to remove steel wool marks from bath tub!?

My fiance didn't seem to know that steel wool leaves marks on porcelain, so as he was putting up a new tub surround he was scraping off pieces of caulking from the tub with steel wool, so now there are grey steel wool marks all over our tub!! it looks horrible, what can i use to get the marks off?? I tried bleach and that didn't work at all... any ideas?!How to remove steel wool marks from bath tub!?
Magic Eraser will do the trick.How to remove steel wool marks from bath tub!?
Oh well, live and learn. You need an abrasive. I haven't needed to try it since I learned a long time ago that metal and porcelain aren't a good combo, but I'd try the Magic Eraser too. You could also try something like Ajax cleanser, dampened but not wet, on a sponge or a cloth. If neither of those work, there's a product called Zud that's pretty good at taking stains off porcelain but it can be hard to find. And remember to keep your toilet brush in good shape so any metal that holds the bristles doesn't scrape the bowl. If you think it's hard getting metal marks off a bathtub, wait till you try getting them out of a toilet. Next time fiance needs to do something similar, hand him one of those green scrub pads or a plastic scraper.
The first thing I would try is baking soda, make a paste by adding a small amount of water to some baking soda in a bowl. Then take a damp rag and use the baking soda paste and try to polish off the marks. It is a very mild abrasive and it might remove the marks. I never tried magic eraser so I can't comment on that.
if magic eraser or comet don't work get some of the denture cleaning tablets that you soak dentures in...crush them...wet the area that's damaged and sprinkle on the crushed tablet...wet and leave sit. if that doesn't work you will have to go to a hardware store and order a repair kit for porcelain.
Use comet or ajax and a microfiber cloth!


I grew up with porcelain tubs and that's why I have a stainless steel kitchen sink.
In construction I`ve always used Magic Cleaner bought at most hardware stores. I`ve seen answers here that say Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works?
What works for me is stuff that contains oxalic acid. Zud or Bar Keeper's Friend cleansers are the only two I'm aware of.
whatever happened to soft scrub?

No comments:

Post a Comment