Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do you clean around the bath tub caulk??

LOL, I just finished recaulking my whole tub because I could not get it clean. I tried scrubbing, I tried Tilex, I tried Mr. Clean Magic eraser and nothing worked. I ended up pulling all the old caulk off and redoing it. If you do this make sure to fill the tub before you caulk. Otherwise, when you add water it can pull on the caulk and break it loose.How do you clean around the bath tub caulk??
old toothbrushHow do you clean around the bath tub caulk??
hydrogen peroxide will ';bleach'; it
bleach and a soft brush
I have never had success with cleaning it. It's really easy to remove the old caulking, scrub it out and re-caulk. I bought a kit with the remover tool and a tube of silicone and the tools and instructions from an informercial on tv. Then, when the plumber came to fix a tap, he thought I was ';cheating'; on him with another plumber because the job looked so professional. It was funny and I was really proud. If you do it right, you can just clean it with the rest of your tub. Good luck and have fun!
tile guard comes in a bottle like shoe polish, will make it white again. If you mean around the caulk use a pumice stone

No comments:

Post a Comment